Wednesday 28 December 2016

2nd update on AVN diagnosis





The AVN was progressing very quickly just in the matter of days. If before I only had pain on my hips if I’m squatting or whenever I tried to rise my thighs, now walking and even when not doing anything caused so much pain. My attitude was like… please I want to start the treatment soon so this pain can stop. But in the other hands I don’t want another side effects or complications I’m sick of chasing the symptoms. I don’t want the treatments become another source of the sickness. Hence I want to get a consult first from my oncologist, I believe she can make right decision considering the HBOT is pretty much close to her expertise (pulmonary oncology) which is (still) I think somehow lung related.

So I meet her Monday (orthopedic surgeon confirm the diagnosis last Friday), at first I was so worried that if she did not approve this treatment but eventually I get an approval. She asked if this was caused by chemo or something else, she was quite surprise when I told her that this is steroid induced. She said this is rarely happened considering I was on steroid in less than a year. But yeah things happen, I don’t want to think too much on the cause I want to just focus on the solution. I want to get better. My onco said theoretically the HBOT is make sense that the pure oxygen acquired in hyperbaric environment can supply to necrotic tissue up to molecular level.  But there was a long pause, I asked if this about my lung condition? Nope, actually my lung is okay says her. Is just she never had experience using HBOT as a modality for cancer (or its complication), which I understand. I thought she must be little bit cautious considering the lack of experience I think she might thinking if the HBOT would be a contradiction to my cancer history. The way he think is like a scientist (she have a PhD degree tough), no previous experience with other patients plus maybe she haven’t read any medical journal about this. I recall during chemo I ask if I can have an acupuncture session to ease the side effects, she said no because concern of it will interfere the efficacy of the chemo. But for this one I pretty sure it safe after I studied in journals and medical articles. At the meeting eventually she said “Okay let’s try HBOT”. And I was relived.  

No comments:

Post a Comment